The Powder Coating Process
In most cases we would recommend a full refurbishment of your wheels to achieve a 'good as new' look.
They will go through a 3 stage powder coating / paint process to give a very durable and high gloss finish.
* Tyres are removed as are any weights and valves.
* Wheels are then hot pressure washed to remove excess dirt & grime.
* Placed into a chemical stripping tank to remove old paint & lacquer coatings.
* Hot pressure wash rinsed.
* Wheels are lightly grit blasted to remove blemishes and corrosion.
* The wheels are then inspected for damage especially the lips of the rims any cracks & deep scratches on the rim edges, faces and spokes will be filled in by alloy tig welding, they will then be machined using various techniques & hand tools. They are then always finished by hand.
* Next the 3 stage powder coating / painting takes place.
* The wheels are pre-heated in an industrial oven to 200 degrees for 20 minutes to de-gas the alloy then a powder
coat primer is applied.
* Next the wheels are cooled to 60-80 degrees and if they are having a colour coded or bespoke finish they are spray painted and put back into the oven for a further 40 minutes to cure.
* The final powder coat clear lacquer is then applied and the wheels are then put back into the oven at 200 degrees for a further 20 minutes.
* Once cooled the wheels are fitted with new valves and the tyres refitted and are electronically balanced. Stick on weights are placed on the inside of the wheels so that it does not spoil the appearance of the finish.
BBS split rim alloy close up showing heavy kerb damage. Requries alloy tig welding and machining.
Dismantled and chemically stripped.
Dismantled and chemically stripped. Repaired and ready for coating.
The finished wheel and re-assembled.
THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT FINISHES AVAILABLE - PLEASE ASK FOR DETAILS
Please note our aim is to give your wheels the best quality finish we can. We ask you to take into consideration the condition of your wheels before the refurbishment took place. Some older wheels will never look perfect although we do guarantee to vastly improve them. See terms & conditions.
Some alloys will only need a cosmetic touch up or the face of the wheel painting only, we can offer this service also.